Wednesday, November 16, 2011

WIP Wednesday - word count checkin

Okay, so here's my wordcount - 44855.
I'm past the halfway point, which is awesome. But I'm doing Nano, and I started at 30k, so I don't think I'm going to make it on time unless I can get my mom to drive 8 hours to take the kids for two days straight. lol. Not likely.
That's all right though. I don't expect to finish. Never did. I have a 1 and 3 year old, and they take up most of my day, so even though I can write 1000 words in an hour, I can't often find an hour without my little ones around. Especially because after bed time, comes hubby time, and we spend most of the two hours before bed hanging out.
The point of my doing Nano was to get me working on the manuscript and hopefully get it finished by the end of December. That I should be able to do. And revisions should be done by mid January. That's the goal, anyhow.
I challenge you to make a goal for yourself that might seem ridiculous, then actually strive for it. The idea is not necessarily reach the goal, but to get as close as possible. Like using the goal of touching the stars to climb Mount Everest.

If you're a writer, good luck with your writing. If your a reader, I hope you enjoyed the blog.
Either way, I thank you for reading, and wish you good luck with your goals.
Robin Delany

No comments:

Post a Comment